gophering on

=           Wales national football team home stadium           =

The Wales national football team represents Wales in international
association football. The team played their first match in March 1876
against Scotland before hosting their first home match the following
year against the same opponent. The location selected for the fixture
was the Racecourse Ground in Wrexham, the world's oldest international
football ground still in use. The ground hosted all of Wales's matches
until 1890, when a game was played against Ireland in the English
border town of Shrewsbury. Wales played matches in several parts of
the country, including Bangor, Cardiff, and Swansea over the following
two decades.

The advent of professionalism in Welsh club sides saw the construction
of several purpose-built football grounds. Two, Ninian Park in
Cardiff, which hosted its first international in 1911, and Vetch Field
in Swansea, which hosted its first in 1921, shared Wales's home
matches with the Racecourse for nearly a century. Although one match
was moved to Anfield in Liverpool in 1977 as a result of crowd
trouble, no other venue would host a Wales home international fixture
between 1910 and 1989 (when the team began playing at the National
Stadium in Cardiff). Construction of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff
was completed in 2000, and it was immediately named as the side's new
home ground. Although attendance was initially high at the Millennium,
a gradual drop saw the team play matches in several newly built
grounds (including the Cardiff City Stadium and the Liberty Stadium).
The former was popular, and was credited as a factor in the team's
improvement; it was subsequently designated Wales's permanent home

Since the team's first match, sixteen grounds have hosted a Wales home
international. The Racecourse has held more matches than any other
venue with 94 by January 2020, 12 more than the
second-most-frequently-used ground, Ninian Park, which was demolished
in 2009. Four home matches have been held outside Wales; three were
played at Anfield in Liverpool, and one at the Old Racecourse in

 Early years (1876–1900) 
The Wales national football team played their first international
match on 25 March 1876 against Scotland at Hamilton Crescent in
Partick, losing 4-0. The fixture was reversed the following year, with
Scotland travelling to Wales for the country's first home
international on 5 March 1877 at the Racecourse Ground in Wrexham,
which was owned by Wrexham Cricket Club. The ground included a
separate tent for women and their male companions. 'Guinness World
Records' recognises the Racecourse Ground as the world's oldest
football ground which continues to host international matches. The
next ground to stage an international which is still in use is Hampden
Park in Glasgow, which did not host its first match for another 27
years. The Racecourse remained the only ground to host a Wales home
international match until 1890, including the first meetings between
Wales and England (1880) and Ireland (1882). Wales's meeting with
Ireland led to the side's first victory on home ground, with John
Price scoring four times in a 7-1 win. Wales had considerable success
against the Irish side during the 1880s, winning by five or more goals
on five occasions. The final victory, an 11-0 win at the Racecourse,
remains Wales's record victory margin in international competition.
During the formative years of international football, Wales's matches
were played only against the other Home Nations in the British Home
Championship, with matches alternating between home and away venues
each year.

Matches against England and Scotland were held at the Racecourse in
Wrexham as they tended to attract large crowds, while fixtures against
the traditionally lesser-known Irish team were hosted by alternative
venues. In 1890, Wales hosted Ireland at the Old Racecourse in the
English border town of Shrewsbury. The Football Association of Wales
(FAW), the country's governing body for the sport, believed that
holding the match at the Old Racecourse would attract a larger crowd.
Although the match drew a significant number of fans, its attendance
of 5,000 was only equal to that at previous fixtures at the Racecourse
Ground. Matches returned to Wrexham until 1892, when Wales's opening
fixture of the 1891-92 British Home Championship against Ireland was
moved to Penrhyn Park in Bangor; the FAW had been petitioned by the
committee of the town's football club, Bangor, to host a match. The
venue, provided by George Douglas-Pennant, 2nd Baron Penrhyn (who was
present at the match), was on the grounds of Penrhyn Estate.
Inexperienced security personnel were unable to manage a crush which
developed in the waiting crowd, resulting in at least one serious
injury when a boy suffered broken ribs. The crush forced stewards to
open the gates to the ground and allow most of the spectators in
without paying, losing the FAW significant gate revenue. 'The North
Wales Express' called the decision to admit all 5,000-6,000 spectators
through a single small gate "sheer stupidity".

The FAW decided to play the first Wales international in the south of
the country, traditionally a rugby union stronghold, in 1894. St.
Helen's in Swansea, the home ground of the Wales rugby union team, was
chosen as the venue, and the decision was viewed by some as a direct
move against a competing sport; one English newspaper described it as
"carrying the war into the enemy camp with a vengeance". On the day of
the match, the 'Western Mail' published a diagram of a football pitch
and a list of differences between association football and rugby union
for those unfamiliar with the former. Wales defeated Ireland 4-1 in
front of over 10,000 spectators, generating a £147 profit for the FAW.
Buoyed by the income, the FAW arranged a second match in South Wales
for England's 1896 visit, the first time a team other than Ireland had
been hosted away from the Racecourse. Encouraged by a rugby union
crowd of 20,000 at Cardiff Arms Park earlier in the year, the FAW
selected the ground in the hope of attracting a similar number.
However, the match was a letdown on and off the pitch. Despite
organising free train travel for supporters in North Wales, only 5,000
attended the game, a crushing 9-1 defeat for Wales. The FAW turned its
attention back to North Wales, with Bangor initially scheduled to host
Ireland in 1898. However, a late change of venue moved the match to
the Oval in Llandudno instead. Wales returned to the venue two years
later, with 6,000 spectators attending a second match against Ireland
in 1900. When the match began, only 4,000 spectators were at the
ground; however, crowd noise attracted additional interest (and
attendance) as the game progressed.

===Move south and pre-war success (1900-1945)===
Wales returned to the Arms Park to face Ireland in 1902, meeting
England at the Racecourse a month later. The match against England,
which ended in a goalless draw, attracted a record Welsh crowd of
around 10,000. When 1903's only home match was awarded to the Arms
Park, 25 North Wales clubs signed a letter of complaint to the FAW and
requested a meeting with the governing body. The decision stood,
however, and a crowd of 6,000 witnessed a 1-0 loss to Scotland.
Wales's matches were becoming popular, and Bangor sought to bring the
side back by offering purpose-built stands at the town's cricket
ground to host the 1904 match with Ireland. Gate control was an issue
again as large numbers of spectators watched the game for free from
nearby vantage points, including the roof of a local school and along
a road overlooking the ground. Bangor made a loss of £17, despite a
crowd of over 4,000, and has not held an international match since

Wales's 1906 meeting with England at the Arms Park attracted a record
crowd of around 20,000 to a 1-0 loss. This led the FAW to again look
for venues in South Wales; a match against Ireland was played at the
Athletic Ground in the Rhondda mining town of Aberdare in 1908.
Workers in the local collieries started work an hour early to reach
the match on time, and a large crowd of around 10,000 rewarded the
FAW's decision. Although the Arms Park in Cardiff was used again in
1910 for a match against England, the emergence of Cardiff City as a
professional football club and the construction of Ninian Park, their
purpose-built football ground, made it the last Wales international
held at a rugby ground until 1989. Ninian Park hosted its first
international match on 6 March 1911 against Scotland. Built on the
site of a former rubbish tip, the pitch often became littered with
debris which had risen to the surface. Although attempts were made
before each match to clear the surface, Scottish player Peter
McWilliam received a career-ending gash to his leg from a piece of
glass; Wales's Billy Meredith cut his knee during the same game.
Matches alternated between Ninian Park and the Racecourse until the
outbreak of the First World War.

After the war, Wales's first competitive internationals were played at
Ninian Park before Vetch Field hosted Ireland for its first
international in April 1921. The Racecourse and Ninian Park became the
main venues for the national side following the First World War.
Although Welsh clubs such as Cardiff City and Swansea Town regularly
drew record crowds, the national side struggled to attract similar
attention during the 1920s. The FAW proposed to move a home match to
Manchester or Liverpool in the hope of earning more money from a
larger crowd, but were eventually dissuaded by representatives of
Wrexham. A restructuring of the side under FAW secretary Ted Robbins
and a switch to midweek matches, which allowed players to be released
by their club teams more frequently, triggered a resurgence during the
1930s. The side won the 1932-33 British Home Championship, with the
newly refurbished Racecourse attracting 25,000 fans (a record crowd in
North Wales) to a goalless draw with England.

Wales retained the championship the following year, and another record
crowd of 40,000 saw the side defeat Scotland 3-2 at Ninian Park in the
first Cardiff match in four years. Although Robbins was reluctant to
agree to a match in the city due to his belief that the FAW could earn
more in North Wales, pressure from 'Western Mail' reporter Harry
Ditton and the promise of a free publicity campaign changed his mind.
England's September 1934 visit was the first Wales home match with an
attendance of over 50,000, and the increased crowds at Ninian Park
made it the choice for Wales's biggest matches. This was despite the
main grandstand at the ground being destroyed by a fire in January
1937, when thieves used explosives to open a safe holding gate
receipts from an FA Cup match. When competitive football was halted
during the Second World War, Wales played eight unofficial matches
against England; all but one were held at Ninian Park.

===Post-war success and decline (1946-1990)===
Wales returned to the Racecourse in October 1946 for the side's first
official post-war international. Football was a great attraction to
the public, and the match was sold out in advance. After returning to
Ninian Park the following year, the side was scheduled to play at
Vetch Field in Swansea for the first time since 1928, against Northern
Ireland. The FAW moved the match to the Racecourse, however, saying
that "the appropriate authorities at Swansea had not found it
convenient to meet with the wishes of the council." Large numbers of
fans attended international matches in the early post-war era, with
the British Home Championship now also being used as qualifying for
the FIFA World Cup; the Racecourse hosted more than 30,000 spectators
for the first time in 1946, and Ninian Park over 60,000 in 1950. The
previous year Ninian Park hosted the first foreign international side
to visit Wales, when Belgium was defeated 5-1 and Trevor Ford scored a
hat-trick. Portugal and Switzerland travelled to Wales for friendlies
soon afterwards.

In 1952, Wales returned to Vetch Field for the first time in nearly 25
years to play Northern Ireland in the final match of the 1951-52
British Home Championship, the first post-war match held away from
Cardiff or Wrexham. It was seen as a homecoming for a side with a
number of players from the area, including Ford, Ivor Allchurch and
Ray Daniel, and Allchurch contributed a goal to the 3-0 victory. Wales
met Austria at the Racecourse in November 1955, after playing the side
in Vienna the previous year. Austria were taken by surprise in the
first match by the rough play of Welsh forwards Ford and Derek
Tapscott, a style of play uncommon in Europe. The Austrian side wanted
to match Wales physically in the return match, which was called "The
Battle of Wrexham". They claimed a 2-1 victory, with Wales's Roy Paul
later describing the team's dressing room after the game: "Our
goalkeeper, Jack Kelsey, had scars on both legs. Derek Tapscott [...]
had a six-inch gash on his knee. [...] John Charles leaned over his
brother Melvyn with tears in his eyes. Melvyn lay silent, still dazed
by a tackle which had sent him crashing to the ground". The 'Western
Mail' described the match as "a disgrace", and one Austrian player
called it "more like a boxing and kicking match than football".

Despite a positive start to their qualifying campaign for the 1958
FIFA World Cup, defeating Czechoslovakia at Ninian Park during their
opening game, Wales finished second in their group. When Israel's
political status prompted several sides to refuse to play against the
nation, however, Wales received another chance to qualify; according
to FIFA rules, a team could not qualify for a World Cup without
playing a match. A two-legged play-off against a European nation was
arranged with Wales being drawn second after Belgium also refused the
tie. Wales defeated Israel 4-0 on aggregate, with the home tie held at
Ninian Park, to qualify for the tournament finals. Wales reached the
quarter-finals, where they were defeated by Brazil. The team's World
Cup success attracted more interest in the side, and in October 1959,
a year after the tournament, a crowd of 62,634 watched a 1-1 draw with
England at Ninian Park. The attendance set a record for a Wales home
international which stood for more than 40 years, and was the highest
attendance ever recorded at Ninian Park. High attendance figures
continued into the early 1960s, with the next visit by England in 1961
attracting a similar crowd of 61,566. The steady decline in fortune by
the side during the mid-1960s, however, resulted in crowd numbers
falling dramatically. A 4-1 victory over Greece at Ninian Park in
March 1965 attracted only 11,159 spectators, the lowest post-war crowd
at the ground since before the Second World War. Only 4,616 fans
attended a World Cup qualifying match against Denmark at the
Racecourse the following year, the lowest crowd ever recorded for a
Wales match in the competition.

Attendance improved slightly during the early 1970s. Matches against
neighbouring England still attracted considerable interest, with each
of three fixtures at Ninian Park attended by over 30,000 fans. With
Swansea City struggling financially, FAW secretary Trevor Morris
attempted to help the club by holding Wales matches at Vetch Field.
The ground hosted more international matches in quick succession
between 1970 and 1974 than ever before (more than the Racecourse),
including World Cup and European Championship qualifiers against
Czechoslovakia, Finland and Luxembourg. The Racecourse, however, was
chosen to host Wales's crucial final group match against Austria
during the qualifiers for UEFA Euro 1976, with Wales needing only to
avoid defeat in order to qualify. The traditional British anthem "God
Save the Queen" was omitted for the first time in the side's history,
with only the Welsh anthem "Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau" (Land of my Fathers)
played. Although "God Save the Queen" returned for several matches, it
was eventually dropped permanently. A goal by Arfon Griffiths secured
a 1-0 victory for Wales, who reached the quarter-finals; during this
edition of the European Championships the quarter-finals were played
as two-legged encounters on a home-and-away basis, rather than as part
of the finals. Wales's next match, against England, celebrated the
100th anniversary of their first international fixture; at the
Racecourse, 21,000 fans saw a 2-1 loss.

The side were drawn against Yugoslavia for the Euro 1976
quarter-finals, losing the first leg 2-0 in Zagreb. The second leg was
billed as one of the biggest matches in Wales's history, and the FAW,
which had grown increasingly short of funds, considered an offer to
move the game to Wembley Stadium in London to maximise profit. The FAW
board was split after a vote, leaving the decision in the hands of
president Terry Squire, who chose Ninian Park as the venue. East
German referee Rudi Glöckner was appointed for the match, and was
infuriated when the flag of his home nation was not raised before the
game. Glöckner controversially awarded Yugoslavia a penalty in the
first half and disallowed a goal for Wales in the second, as the
increasingly irate crowd made several attempts to enter the pitch.
Missiles were aimed at Glöckner for the remainder of the match, which
ended in a 1-1 draw and eliminated Wales from the competition.
Violence flared again at the final whistle; Glöckner required a police
escort from the pitch, Yugoslavia midfielder Jurica JerkoviAe had a
physical altercation with a Welsh fan who had run onto the pitch, and
another Welsh fan was arrested after a corner flag, thrown in anger at
the referee, struck a policeman in the neck.

The scenes against Yugoslavia provoked widespread condemnation from
the football community. Wales initially received a two-year ban from
international football, although this was later reduced to a fine of
20,000 Swiss francs and the limitation of home qualifying matches for
UEFA Euro 1980 being held at least 200 km from Cardiff. The side's
next match was a 2-0 friendly loss to West Germany at Ninian Park in
October 1976 which drew only 14,000 spectators, despite West Germany
being the reigning World Cup holders. In response, Trevor Morris
questioned Ninian Park's viability as an international venue. Wales
did not return to Cardiff for nearly two years, although the decision
was partly taken out of the FAW's hands when the Safety of Sports
Grounds Act was introduced in 1977, revoking the public-safety
certificates of Ninian Park and the Racecourse, and considerably
reducing the capacity of both. As a result of the restrictions and
with the possibility of large gate receipts, Scotland's October 1977
visit was moved to Anfield in Liverpool by the FAW; it was the first
Welsh home match held outside the country since 1890. Despite promises
to the contrary, Wales fans were outnumbered when the ticket-selling
system was exploited by Scottish fans who travelled to Wales to buy
them in bulk. A number of Welsh fans also lost their tickets in
muggings outside the ground, and FAW president Terry Squire lost his
ticket to a pickpocket. Scotland midfielder Lou Macari later said that
the decision to move the match outside Wales benefited the Scots, who
won 2-0: "If the Welsh FA had not moved the game, then history may
have been oh, so different."

Wales returned to Ninian Park in 1978, where ongoing safety
improvements had allowed 25,000 fans to attend a match against
England. The UEFA sanction was further reduced to only two Euro 1980
qualifiers played away from Cardiff: matches against Malta and Turkey
at the end of 1978. Although the side's next match against West
Germany was no longer subject to the ban, it was originally scheduled
at the Racecourse. Wrexham officials began a ticket-sales drive for
the Turkey match in an attempt to convince the FAW to remain at the
ground, with 12,000 tickets proving sufficient to keep the fixture.
The FAW made a record £100,000 profit from the West Germany match;
although the attendance was 30,000, most of the income was derived
from newly negotiated commercial and broadcasting deals. The early
1980s saw sporadic crowd numbers for the national side; football
hooliganism was widespread, as club rivalries, including the South
Wales derby between Cardiff City and Swansea City, carried over into
international matches. Wales manager Mike England occasionally sternly
criticised his side's supporters, and matches were frequently moved
between grounds in the hope of generating more interest. Trevor Morris
favoured matches at Vetch Field after voicing his frustration at low
attendances for matches at Ninian Park and the Racecourse, including
Wales's 3-0 victory over Northern Ireland in May 1982, which set a
post-war low-attendance record of 2,315. The British Home Championship
was discontinued in 1984 after 100 years, with falling crowd numbers
cited as a main reason. The decision cost the FAW one of its main
revenue streams, as the organisation lost about £80,000 in TV
broadcasting rights alone. Wales's final match in the competition was
a 1-1 draw with Northern Ireland at Vetch Field, which was attended by
7,845 fans.

The side had a much-improved qualifying campaign for the 1986 FIFA
World Cup, and entered the final two matches with a chance of reaching
the tournament finals. A 3-0 victory over Spain at the Racecourse left
Wales tied with Scotland, with one match to play; the sides were due
to meet in the final match. The victory against Spain was Wales's
eighth consecutive undefeated match at the Racecourse, and most of the
Welsh players were eager to return to North Wales for the deciding
fixture. The FAW—which was experiencing severe financial
difficulties—hoped to generate the largest possible income from the
match, however, and unexpectedly announced the National Stadium, the
new home of the Welsh rugby union side built on the site of the Arms
Park, as the venue. Although the Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) had initially
agreed to the deal, it eventually backed out due to concerns about
possible  hooliganism. The FAW then chose Ninian Park, which could
accommodate 12,000 more spectators than the Racecourse at the time.
Needing a win, Wales drew 1-1 with the Scots and failed to qualify.
The match was overshadowed by the death of Scotland manager Jock
Stein, who collapsed with a heart attack on the touch-line after his
side's equalising goal. The £200,000 generated by the two matches kept
the FAW solvent for the next several years. Despite its financial
problems, the FAW donated its gate receipts from a friendly with
Sweden in April 1989 to a benefit fund for victims of the Hillsborough
disaster. Swansea City also had severe financial problems which left
Vetch Field in disrepair, and the ground hosted its final
international fixture on 19 October 1988 against Finland. Wales's
penultimate 1980s match, against West Germany, revived a move to the
National Stadium. The match, the first international in Britain played
in an all-seater stadium, ended in a goalless draw. It raised more
than £250,000 for the FAW, and the venue was praised by the players
and manager Terry Yorath.

===Search for a new home (1990-present)===

After defeating Belgium at the National Stadium in 1990, the FAW
signed a deal with the WRU to host matches at the stadium for £50,000
per fixture. The decision to move the UEFA Euro 1992 qualifying match
to the National Stadium because of concerns that necessary safety
improvements at Ninian Park would not be completed in time was
controversial, and FAW secretary Alun Evans alluded to matches between
Belgium and the Home Nations being deemed "sensitive" after the 1985
Heysel Stadium disaster. Although Cardiff City threatened legal action
over the decision, saying that the club could "meet any deadline" to
complete the work, the game went ahead at the National Stadium.
Matches became more frequent at the new venue, and a fixture against
Germany attracted more than 37,000 fans; only 3,656 had attended
Wales's previous match, against Iceland at Ninian Park. The FAW pushed
ahead with developing the ground for future matches, installing
floodlights at a cost of £400,000 with a Football Trust grant. Wales
played Romania in a crucial qualifying match for the 1994 FIFA World
Cup the following year, needing a win to reach the finals; however,
the side suffered their first defeat at the site of the National
Stadium since its original incarnation in 1910. The match was marred
by the death of a Welsh supporter who was struck by a marine flare
fired from the opposite side of the ground.

During the late 1990s, plans for the redevelopment of the National
Stadium were considered. The ground's capacity was reduced after the
publication of the Taylor Report, requiring the replacement of
standing areas with seated sections. The WRU was also concerned that
the stadium was being overshadowed by other rugby venues such as
Twickenham and Murrayfield. When work began, the national side was
forced to look for another venue. Ninian Park hosted a friendly
against Jamaica, but the FAW were reluctant to keep qualifying matches
for UEFA Euro 2000 at the ground because of its limited seating
capacity. Despite the Welsh players voting for Ninian Park, the FAW
decided to move matches against Italy in 1998 and Denmark the
following year to Anfield to maximise revenue. Wales returned to
Ninian Park for the side's next match, a 3-2 victory over Belarus, the
final international match at the ground which hosted 88 matches in 88
years. The victory over Belarus saw the Welsh team lobby the FAW to
play the match against Denmark at Ninian Park. Although the FAW
agreed, Danish authorities complained to UEFA that they should receive
the same treatment as the Italians to attract their planned 4,000
fans, who could not be accommodated at Ninian Park. The decision to
move the tie was criticised by Wales assistant manager Graham
Williams, who called it "shocking", and FAW president John Owen
Hughes, who said: "They are entitled to ten per cent (of a stadium's
capacity), not a set figure". Despite Wales's resistance to the move,
the match was played at Anfield and the Danes won 2-0. It attracted
only 10,000 spectators, despite Denmark's claim that it had a large

The National Stadium's replacement, eventually named the Millennium
Stadium, opened in 1999 at a cost of £121 million, including a
contribution from the FAW. With a capacity of 74,500, the stadium
immediately became the new home venue for Welsh football matches. The
FAW signed an initial 21-year lease to play at the ground, based on
three matches per calendar year at a cost of £100,000 per fixture. The
Millennium Stadium hosted its first international match on 29 March
2000 against Finland which, due to the new stadium's increased
capacity, set an attendance record for a Wales international match of
65,614. Two months later, Wales played a friendly against Brazil which
was the first home match attended by more than 70,000 spectators.

The Millennium Stadium attracted large crowds for several years,
boosted by Wales's success during the qualifying stage for UEFA Euro
2004. After finishing as runners-up in the initial group stage behind
Italy, Wales met Russia in a two-legged playoff for a place at the
finals. After a goalless draw in the first leg, a 1-0 defeat in the
second leg attracted a record crowd for a Wales home match of 73,062.
By the end of the decade, the ground experienced a dramatic drop in
attendance for international matches due to poor Welsh results in
qualifying competitions; this led to calls from several senior figures
in Welsh football, including national team manager John Toshack and
players such as Jason Koumas and Craig Bellamy, to move matches to
another venue. The FAW experimented with the Liberty Stadium (Swansea
City's replacement for Vetch Field) for a goalless draw with Slovenia.
Matches also returned to the Racecourse, and two friendlies were held
at Parc y Scarlets in Llanelli in 2009 and 2010; they were relatively
unsuccessful, however, and both latter matches attracted less than
5,000 spectators. In November 2009, the Cardiff City Stadium (Cardiff
City's replacement for Ninian Park) hosted its first international
match with a 3-0 victory against Scotland.

Plans were announced in July 2010 to move three of Wales's four
upcoming home matches during the qualifying stage of UEFA Euro 2012
from the Millennium Stadium, the first qualifying matches to be played
away from the ground since it opened. The first match against Bulgaria
was held at the Cardiff City Stadium but, after losing the first two
fixtures, the FAW played a match against England at the Millennium to
boost revenue. With average crowds remaining low, Wales chose to play
matches at the Cardiff City Stadium. The decision was cited as a major
factor in the team's success in qualifying for UEFA Euro 2016, Wales's
first major international tournament since 1958. Although the Cardiff
City Stadium remained the main venue for the national side, Wales
played Spain in October 2018 at the Millennium Stadium due to ticket
demand exceeding the  Cardiff City Stadium's capacity; this increased
the likelihood of the Millennium hosting future matches against sides
likely to draw larger crowds. Wales played a friendly against Trinidad
and Tobago on 20 March 2019 at the Racecourse, their first North Wales
match in eleven years.

==List of venues==
Home venues
Number of  matches Stadium First international Opponent Last
international Opponent
|align=center|94 Racecourse Ground, Wrexham |5 March 1877 | |20 March
2019 |
|align=center|88 Ninian Park, Cardiff |6 March 1911 | |13 October
1998 |
|align=center|38 Millennium Stadium, Cardiff |29 March 2000 | |11
October 2018 |
|align=center|36 Cardiff City Stadium, Cardiff |14 November 2009 |
|18 November 2020 |
|align=center|20 The National Stadium, Cardiff |31 May 1989 | |29
March 1997 |
|align=center|17 Vetch Field, Swansea |9 April 1921 | |19 October
1988 |
|align=center|8 Liberty Stadium, Swansea |17 August 2005 | |12
November 2020 |
|align=center|6 The Arms Park, Cardiff |16 March 1896 | |14 March
1910 |
|align=center data-sort-value="3a"|3 Anfield, Liverpool |12 October
1977 | |9 June 1999 |
|align=center data-sort-value="3p"|3 Parc y Scarlets, Llanelli |29
May 2009 | |15 August 2012 |
|align=center|2 The Oval, Llandudno |19 February 1898 | |24 February
1900 |
|align=center data-sort-value="1.5"|1 Aberdare Athletic Ground,
Aberdare |11 April 1908 | |11 April 1908 |
|align=center data-sort-value="1.4"|1 Cricket Ground, Bangor |21
March 1904 | |21 March 1904 |
|align=center data-sort-value="1.3"|1 Old Racecourse, Shrewsbury |8
February 1890 | |8 February 1890 |
|align=center data-sort-value="1.2"|1 Penrhyn Park, Bangor |27
February 1892 | |27 February 1892 |
|align=center data-sort-value="1.1"|1 St. Helen's, Swansea |24
February 1894 | |24 February 1894 |



All content on Gopherpedia comes from Wikipedia, and is licensed under CC-BY-SA
License URL:
Original Article: national football team home stadium