Release history of Irix. I'd love to get more details on older
versions, but this will have to suffice for now.
6.5.30 Aug 2006
6.5.29 Feb 2006
6.5.28 Aug 2005
6.5.27 Feb 2005
6.5.26 Nov 2004
6.5.25 Aug 2004
6.5.24 May 2004
6.5.23 Feb 2004
6.5.22 Nov 2003
6.5.21 Aug 2003
6.5.20 May 2003
6.5.19 Feb 2003
6.5.18 Nov 2002
6.5.16 May 2002
6.5.15 Feb 2002
6.5.14 Nov 2001
6.5.13 Aug 2001
6.5.12 May 2001
6.5.11 Feb 2001
6.5.10 Nov 2000
6.5.9 Aug 2000
6.5.8 May 2000
6.5.7 Feb 2000
6.5.6 Nov 1999
6.5.5 Aug 1999
6.5.4 May 1999
6.5.3 Feb 1999
6.5.2 Nov 1998
6.5.1M Aug 1998
6.5 Jun 1998
5.3TIRIX 06/95 (Trusted IRIX 5.3)|
5.3 XFS 12/94
^Machine |.0 |.8 |.9 |.14|.16|.19|.21|.22|.28|
|Onyx1 |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |* |- |
|Challenge |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |* |- |
|Indy,Indigo2 |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |* |- |
|Octane + MGRAS|- |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |
|Octane + VPRO |- |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |
|Origin 3000 |- |- |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |
|Origin 300 |- |- |- |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |+ |
|Origin 3900 |- |- |- |- |- |+ |+ |+ |+ |
|Origin 350 |- |- |- |- |- |- |+ |+ |+ |
* Support removed in subsequent releases.
=== 6.5.30 - Aug 2006 ===
* The IRIX 6.5.30 release included the following for Guaranteed-Rate
I/O version 2 (GRIOv2):
* An extension to the node-level bandwidth allocation, which now
has two options:
* The node receives at most (ceiling) the configured bandwidth
* The node receives at least (floor) the configured bandwidth
* The following changes for ggd2:
* Clarification that the -m option sets per-volume minimum
distributed bandwidth allocator (DBA)
* The new -s option, which sets per-node minimum DBA
* The new -u option, which specifies the DBA update interval
*The mt(1) and hinv(1M) commands were updated to display the correct
drive type for STK T1000A tape drives, which are supported with APD
* A secure version of Array Services that is built to make use of
secure sockets layer (SSL) and secure shell (SSH) is available
with IRIX 6.5.30. T
* The IRIX 6.5.30 operating system accounts for changes to Daylight
Savings Time in accordance with the amendments to the Uniform Time
* The nsmount(1M) now accepts the -o argument to control options for
nfs(4) protocol used to communicate to nsd(1M).
* For the IRIX 6.5.30 release, the job limits code was modified to
improve the accuracy of the measurement of shared memory usage within
* The IRIX 6.5.30 release included new parameters to xfs_bmapi() and
xfs_bunmapi() to have them report the range spanned by modifications
to the in-core extent map.
=== 6.5.29 - Feb 2006 ===
* New xfs_quota command
* New extsize option for xfs_io command
* rpc.mount no longer reports nohide entries
* Ability to store inode's parents in xfs filesystem add
* xfs_io command
* New extended inline allocation policy version on XFS filesystems
* filestreams mount option
=== 6.5.28 - Aug 2005 ===
*Expanded support for diskless workstation. The diskless workstation
feature is now supported with the following systems:
* Regular Origin 300/350/3000 servers
* IP35 machines with KONA graphics
* IP35 machines with VOYAGER graphics
* IP35 machines with ODYSSEY graphics, supported prior to this
* Increased maximum allocation group size in XFS filesystems
* Directory quotas
* Audit logs
* Improved netgather script
* Symbolic links in AutoFS filesystems
* ISO 9660 filesystem support for large filesystems. Support for ISO
9660 filesystems larger then 2GB is now available.
* The IRIX 6.5.28 release supports Failsoft modes of operation. With
the incorporation of Failsoft operation modes, certain fatal
hardware errors are able to be confined, affecting only the work
running in a cpuset, and therefore do not result in system crash.
=== 6.5.27 - Feb 2005 ===
* The IRIX 6.5.27 release supports volatile cpusets, which are
cpusets that can be configured, created, and destroyed by regular
* Tracking priority inheritance
* NFS over IPv6 is supported for both client and server.
* OpenSSH version 3.9p1
* Motif version 2.1.32
* New cpuset_tobind systune parameter
* New parameters to manage highest available file descriptor
* PAM authentication support for SUNOS C2 security NIS master server
* pam_tally module added for login tallying
=== 6.5.26 - Nov 2004 ===
* the data area of an XVM-labeled disk starts on a 32-sector
* rtmon records for received signals now include from what process
the signal was sent.
* The fuser command can display usage information for particular
* The clock_prtimeout() function has been added.
* New media formats recognized
* mediaconvert recognizes Alias files even if they do not have a
.pix filename extension
* dmconvert recognizes Abekas YUV format as a supported media type
* CDplayer and mount now support enhanced multisession CDs
* Extended freedb support (added in 6.5.24) includes multiple
* sfplay supports automatic sampling rate conversion for
* Hardware sampling rates and for situations when the port is in
* Better desktop recognition is provided for QuickTimeR files
* A new device type for IBMR 3592 tape devices was added to the
list of hinv tape devices
* The default behavior of crontab has been changed so that core
files are no longer removed from the system automatically.
* rpc.mountd is run from a network startup script and not from
inetd. If rpc.mountd is killed, it will not be restarted
* The snoop(1m) command has enhanced support for decoding the
STATMON and NFSAUTH protocols.
* Default quota limits can now be set
* The nfsdctl command includes a -t option to shut down TCP
connections on an NFS server.
* telnetd can display the contents of /etc/issue.net before
displaying the login prompt.
=== 6.5.25 - Aug 2004 ===
* SGIR 10-Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapter
* Support for Secure RPC
* CXFS? is not supported with IRIX 6.5.25
=== 6.5.24 - May 2004 ===
* The IRIX 6.5.24 release added support for GRIO version 2
* The IRIX 6.5.24 release added support for XVM multi-host failover
* XVM now supports the xvm foconfig and the xvm foswitch commands
* Administrators can now create a special cpuset for kernel daemons
to run in called the "system" cpuset.
* The top and ps commands can now display information about
particular cpusets or what cpusets processes belong to.
* IRIXview? and the rtmond tools can now report more meaningful
information for kernel interrupt handlers threads.
=== 6.5.23 - Feb 2004 ===
* Hardware support dropped for the following
* ChallengeR S, ChallengeR M, ChallengeR DM, ChallengeR L,
* IndigoR, Indigo2?, Indigo2? Extreme, Indigo2 Impact?
* Power Challenge?, Power Indigo2?, Power Onyx?
* Changes to Fonts, PostScriptR Viewing, and PDF Viewing Tools
* Several of the fonts have been updated in this release, and as a
result, customers may notice a change in some of the filenames
used in the font directories.
* The tools acroread (AdobeR AcrobatR ReaderR). xpsview, and
showps have been replaced with the more recent open source tools
gsview and xpdf
* The wrappers for acroread and xpsview/showps will invoke the new
xpdf or gsview commands respectively
* Support for both relocation and recovery to a standby (idle)
* Relocation is disabled by default.
* Support for a cluster of up to 64 nodes.
* The ability to define a reset method for a given node to one of
* Power cycle, to turn power off and on
* Reset, to simulate the pressing of the reset button on the
frontof the machine
* NMI, to perform a nonmaskable interrupt
* SGIR Infinite Network Bandwidth
* Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet board support
* RIX 6.5.23 provides support for POSIX 1003.1j pthread barriers and
* IPv6 support for the rtmon command added
* Support for Embedded Support Partner 3.0
=== 6.5.22 - Nov 2003 ===
* Added to maintenance stream
* The XVM logical volume manager
* The SJIS feature of IRIX Language Support, supporting Shift JIS,
Traditional Chinese BIG5, and Simplified Chinese GBK locales.
* Starting with IRIX 6.5.22, CXFS software is no longer bundled in
the IRIX overlay CDs. CXFS software is now on a separate CD that
is labeled: "CXFS and IRIX Server and Client 3.0 for IRIX 6.5.22".
* Case-insensitive filename support for XFSR filesystems
* Trusted IRIX support and Extended Attribute support (using UDF
streams) was added to the UDF filesystem for IRIX 6.5.22.
* New features of REPLACE keyword of the cpr command
* Support for Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM)
* New musicplayer application
* Improvements to NFS operation
* These updates maintain I/O performance under heavy load and
improve the efficiency of I/O in general.
* A new mode has been added to the IRIX's kernel NFS service where
the number of NFS server daemons grows and shrinks in response
to NFS load.
* A new -d option has been added to the nfsstat command that will
display statistics about individual NFS daemons.
* NFS now provides an optional "async" mode to improve write
* An "offline" option to the exportfs command has been added for
use with FailSafeR operations.
* Network time protocol (NTP) is a newly supported component.
* Bind Version 9.2.2
=== 6.5.21 - Aug 2003 ===
* Support for the SGI Origin 350 server,
* The IRIX 6.5.21 release supports the Silicon Graphics Onyx4
UltimateVision visualization system.
* F - XVM show command output improved
* cpuset support for memory-only nodes in an SGIR OriginR 3900
* Kernel threads run in the boot cpuset by default
* Support for tcp_wrappers package
* In IRIX 6.5.21, inetd(1m) is built with tcp_wrappers by default.
* New PLACEMENT policy for checkpoint and restart processes
* Support for M-Audio Revolution on Silicon GraphicsR OctaneR and
Silicon GraphicsR Octane2?
* The sysdump command, first added in IRIX 6.5.19, has been enhanced
to generate level 1 system crash dump files of a running system.
The sysdump command is used by system administrators to generate a
crash dump file of the operating system without the need to reboot
* New low overhead pthread mutex protocol
* OpenLDAP upgraded to version 2.1.17.
* OpenSSH upgraded to version 3.6.1p2.
* OpenSSL upgraded to version 0.9.7b.
* IRIX 6.5.21 includes support for USB tablets.
* The NFS Access control mechanism has been updated to support new
access control list elements such as IP netmasks, domain name
suffixes, and explicit exclusion of a host or group of hosts.
* A user must have the same or a subset of the Mandatory Integrity
(MINT) divisions of an object.
* A read-only implementation of UDF was added to IRIXR 6.5.18, and a
write-capable version was added for IRIXR 6.5.20.
=== 6.5.20 - May 2003 ===
* F - Changes to CXFS and XVM Manager GUIs *New GUI login choices,
including support for a remote shell connection, which connects to
the server via a user-specified command shell, such as rsh(1C) or
ssh(1). *The ability for the root user to grant other users
permission to execute specific GUI tasks.
* F - Changes to CXFS
* The default values for cxfsd_min and cxfsd_max have changed to
16. The legal value for cxfsd_max has also changed to be an
integer in the range 8 through 4096.
*MPEG Layer 3 (MP3) audio decoding MP3 audio decoding is integrated
into the digital medial libraries and all associated dmedia tools.
* Huffman YUV (HuffYUV) video codec The Huffman YUV (HuffYUV) video
codec is supported, which allows lossless real-time compression of
4:2:2 video in the range of 2:1 to 3:1.
* Griffin iMic USB audio interface is supported.
* M-Audio Revolution PCI audio card is supported.
* OpenGL Shader 3.0.1 Execution Only Environment OpenGL Shader is
now shipped with IRIX.
* Support for Motif 2.1 and ViewKit 2.1 development has been added
to the Maintenance stream.
* Kerberos bundled in IRIX Libraries and utility programs from MIT
kerberos V version 1.2.7 are now part of the IRIX deliverable.
* OpenLDAP bundled in IRIX OpenLDAP version 2.1.12 with support for
TLS/SSL and Kerberos authentication is now packaged with IRIX.
* Write-capable UDF filesystem format Universal Disk Format (UDF) is
the filesystem used on DVDs.
* Job Limits and CSA packages added to maintenance stream The Job
Limits and Comprehensive System Accounting packages, long
available in the IRIX feature stream, have been added to the
* mod_ssl package added to sgi_apache web server The mod_ssl package
has been added to the sgi_apache web servers.
* IRIX 6.5.20 release adds support for Trusted IRIX attributes to
checkpoint and restart processes (CPR).
=== 6.5.19 - Feb 2003 ===
* SGI Origin 3900 server
* F - CXFS
* A new rolling annual upgrade policy permits you to upgrade from
6.5.n to the n+1 or n+4 release. This policy is effective with
* The time required to update and propagate the database across
nodes in the cluster has been significantly decreased.
* If you use I/O fencing and ipfilterd(1M) on a node, the
ipfilterd configuration must allow communication between the
node and the telnet(1) port on the switch.
* The CXFS Manager graphical user interface (GUI) has added a new
icon to represent client-only nodes.
* Application programmers should be aware that XFS recently
relaxed the requirement that direct I/O be aligned along
filesystem block boundaries. As of IRIX 6.5.19f, direct I/O will
also be accepted using 512-byte alignment. This change makes the
use of direct I/O on a CXFS partition more consistent with that
of other vendors requirements and thus makes the use of CXFS
*IRIX 6.5.19 provides a Pseudo Random Number Generator, accessible
through the special files /dev/random, and /dev/urandom. These files
support the standard file interface operations.
* Software Times - Easier access to raw real-time clock. The rdrtc()
function was added to libc.
* OpenSSH version 3.4p1 added
* Processors can no longer be unisolated while still non-preemptive
* Support for Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
* The new gigabit ethernet driver (device tgx) now dynamically
adjusts the cards parameters to maintain good performance across
very dynamic workloads.
* Digital Media Environment -64-bit versions of dmedia libraries
added This release includes 64-bit versions of libaudiofile and
* Support for sendmail version 8.12.5
=== 6.5.18 - Nov 2002 ===
* F - CXFS Supports IRIX Client-Only Nodes As of 6.5.18f,
* F - CXFS relocation disabled; CXFS recovery supported on standby
nodes In 6.5.18f, CXFS relocation is disabled by default and CXFS
recovery is supported only when using standby nodes.
* Support added for UDF filesystems The IRIX 6.5.18 release includes
read-only support for the UDF filesystems format typically used
for DVDs and packet-written CD-RWs.
* QLFC enhanced driver messages QLFC has been enhanced to improve
its output message format for messages logged to the console and
* New hinv command support The hinv command with the -v option
displays the PCI/PCI-X bus speed of QLogic fibrechannel adapters
* Beginning with IRIX 6.5.18, a user is able to keep the interrupt
and processing load generated by interval timers away from
specific CPUs. This feature may reduce latency and jitter for
* Job limits support clarified Job limit values (rlim_t) are 64-bit
in both n32 and n64 binaries.
* Enhancements to atcheckpoint() and atrestart() At checkpoint time
and at restart time, registered functions are called in the same
order as the first-in-first-out order of their registration with
atcheckpoint() or atrestart(), respectively.
* New Falls screen saver
* Common Desktop Environment 5.3 (CDE)
* Java2 v1.3.1_02 JRE
* Java2 v1.3.1_02 JDK
* InSight, InSight Dev, and InSight Glossary
* License Tools
* Information Searching Execution Environment
* Fulltest Indexing and Search Enviroment
* Java2 v1.3.1_02 plugin
* 6.5.17 - Aug 2002
* The firmware for the QLogic 2 Gb fibre channel adapters, the 2300,
2310 and 2342, is updated to version 3.01.07. With this firmware,
the amber led on the boards will flash when there is no cable
connected or there is no signal on a connected cable.
* F - New XVM Manager Graphical User Interface (GUI)
* F - New XVM snapshot feature
* F - Support for XVM volumes with FailSafe 2.1.3
* With IRIX 6.5.17, the underlying documentation tools and books
have undergone a major upgrade. These processes now allow for SGML
or XML documents to be published directly into HTML (our delivery
format). These same tools are available to you as part of the "SGI
Book Building Tools" product; formerly the "IRIS InSight
* The overall behavior of the NFS Version 3 client has been modified
to improve mixed and heavy load performance.
* Device drivers now have the capability to create kernel threads
not associated with particular interrupts to act as daemons and do
* Support for several new networking interface functions have been
added. They provide node name and/or a service name translation in
a protocol-independent manner to support both IPv4 and IPv6.
* MPT 1.6 - Message Passing Toolkit
* SCSL 188.8.131.52 - Scientific Computing Software Library
* Teleffect 1.0 - Mouse and keyboard sharing service
* NEdit 5.2a
* SGImeeting 2.0.3
* SGI Webserver 1.3.26
* FLEXlm License Tools 3.4.7
* InSight 5.0
* InSight Dev 5.0
* Information Searching Execution Environment 6.5.17m
* SgSearch 4.0
=== 6.5.16 - May 2002 ===
* F - CXFS Support for multiple operating system (multiOS) clients,
such as Solaris nodes and Windows NT nodes
* F - I/O fencing, which allows a problem node to be isolated from
the storage area network (SAN) so that it cannot corrupt data in
the shared CXFS filesystem
* F - Support for a two-node CXFS cluster running with FailSafe and
an L1 controller on Origin 300 and Origin 3200 systems.
* Support is added for the mouse with more than three buttons or
* Upgrading to the FLEXlm 8.1a release
=== 6.5.15 - Feb 2002 ===
* F - XVM Subvolume naming convention
* F - Group quotas for XFS filesystems
* The 6.5.15 release of IRIX adds support for disks that have a
capacity of 2 terabytes.
* New partmgr(1M) command
* /dev/poll device added
* Support for PCI Expansion Module on Origin 300 systems
* Partitioned FLEXlm licensing change
* Updated FLEXlm v7.2i
=== 6.5.14 - Nov 2001 ===
* The CXFS GUI has been enhanced in the IRIX 6.5.14 release as
* The structure of the CXFS filesystem configuration was changed
with the release of IRIX 6.5.13f.
* Beginning with the IRIX 6.5.14 release, version 2 directories of
XFS will be the default for all new filesystems created with mkfs.
* Parts of the IRIX Interactive Desktop have been refreshed in IRIX
6.5.14. While functionality has not changed, the navigation,
imagery, and graphics design have been enhanced in the following
* Support for the SGI Origin 300 server series is included in
* Bug fix update for SGImeeting 2.0.1
* Final bug fix update for Color Management
* Bug fix update for Internet Gateway 3.2
* Security and other bug fixes for NEdit 5.1.1b
* Minor fixes for Appletalk 10.01
* Netscape Communicator 4.78
* SCSL 1.4
=== 6.5.13 - Aug 2001 ===
*Improved exit codes for the xfsrestore and xfsdump commands.
*Changed the mkfs command to allow you to specify the size of an XFS
allocation group *Changed the mkfs command to allow you to specify
the size of a stripe unit and the size of a stripe width in bytes or
in filesystem blocks *Changed the default size of an XFS allocation
group; larger filesystems will result in larger default allocation
group sizes *The xfsdump and xfsrestore commands will provide the
VSN of the tape that reached its end-of-volume *Changed the default
size of an XFS log. *Added cpusetAttachPID() and cpusetDetachPID()
functions to the Cpuset System library *The following features have
been moved from Enhanced DHCP to standard DHCP:
* Ping check before an address is leased to insure it is not
already in use.
* MAC address filtering.
*VPro for Octane/OpenGL performance improvements have been added as
* Improved X window performance by 25 percent based on x11perf.
* Iproved performance of OpenGL glCopypixel() function.
*The following new system controller features have been implemented
for the SGI Origin 3000 server series:
* Enabled router port security.
* Enabled system serial number security.
* Redesigned the graphical interface for the front-panel display
of the SGI 3400 and 3800 servers. Added hotplug attach feature
that allows Gigabit Ethernet cards to be installed on a running
* Added Origin 3000 system partitioning support in the
eoe.sw.partition software package.
* System performance
* Efficiency improvements have been made to the BTE driver layer
to reduce both latency and contention.
* The tools that report CPU utilization have been modified to
correct the sampling of %WIO to omit idle time in line with
* Updated FLEXlm v7.2f
* F - CXFS filesystems can now be defined, modified, managed and
deleted independently of each other, and of the cluster definition.
* F - The XVM Volume Manager can be used when layered with the CXFS
* F - Added support for the use of mirrors in XVM logical
* SGI Web Server, based on the Apache 1.3.20
* IRIX Interactive Desktop System Administration
* Information Searching Execution Environment
* InSight Online Doc Viewer 4.4
* Netscape Communicator 4.77
* WebSetup 3.3 has been updated to support the SGI web server based
on Apache 1.3.20 and an administration GUI has been added.
* Impressario 2.9.5 to support a new HP6300 Scanner driver and an
Epson PPD bug fix.
=== 6.5.12 - May 2001 ===
* OpenGL Performer 2.4.1 execution environment
* The IRIX tape-support feature consists of a tape support driver,
personality daemons, and a daemon that manages the personality
* Updated FLEXlm v7.2e
* The Scheduled Transfer Protocol (STP) has moved from the feature
stream to the maintenance and feature stream.
* F - Supports the labeling of disks as XVM system disks in the XVM
* SGI web server, based on the Apache web server version 1.3.17,
replaces the Netscape FastTrack web server.
* WebSetup 3.2 has been updated to support the SGI web server based
* NEdit version 5.1.1a has added extensions to the regular
expression syntax, an improved international character set input,
new macro subroutines, and improved syntax highlighting for
several programming languages
* Runtime Plug-in for IRIX, Java(TM) Edition 1.1.1b has added
support for the Netscape N32 plugin and the O32 plugin
* Impressario 2.8.5 supports two new HP printer drivers, HP4050 and
=== 6.5.11 - Feb 2001 ===
* Support for the use of a reserved area of memory; this reserved
area is between virtual addresses 0x30000000 and 0x40000000.
* Support for weightless pthreads
* Support for upgrading license_eoe to the FLEXlm 7.1 release from
Globetrotter Software, Inc.
* Support for an increased maximum number of logical unit numbers
(LUNs) in the SCSI infrastructure from 64 to 255
* Support for licensing of partitioned environments.
* Support for the PCI Hot Plug infrastructure on the SGI 3200, SGI
3400, and SGI 3800 servers.
=== 6.5.10 - Nov 2000 ===
* Support for point-to-point connections between the QLogic 2200
fibre channel controller and the Brocade switch.
* Support for the IRIX SCSI tape driver (TPSC) enhancements that let
system administrators and privileged applications specify a
persistent reservation on shared tape drives.
* Support for the new Fortran, C++, and base compiler runtime
libraries packaged under the ftn_eoe, c++_eoe and compiler_eoe
overlay images. These libraries are based on the MIPSpro 184.108.40.206m
=== 6.5.9 - Aug 2000 ===
* Support for the SGI? OriginR 3000 server series, including the
SGI? OriginR 3200, SGI? OriginR 3400, and SGI? OriginR 3800
* Support for the TVO digital video option board for Silicon
GraphicsR Onyx2R systems.
* Support for Embedded Support Partner 2.0 (ESP2.0)
* Support for the SCSI Enclosure Services (SES). A new subsystem
that manages the Fibre Channel drive enclosures has been added.
The new daemon, sesdaemon, supports the Xyratex 12-slot enclosure
and the Clariion 10-slot enclosure.
* F - Additional support for the Scheduled Transfer Protocol (STP).
* F - Support for disk quotas that can now be set by project ID.
* F - Support for the waitjob feature
=== 6.5.8 - May 2000 ===
* VPro Graphics, the next generation graphics for Octane systems.
* Onyx2 InfiniteReality3 systems.
* Support for 32-bit direct mapping to any node on the system.
* Support for the cpuset programming interface (previously known as
* F - Support for Comprehensive System Accounting (CSA).
=== 6.5.7 - Feb 2000 ===
* Integration of the fsr_xfs(1M) command into the fsr(1M) command.
* Support for the -u option of the sat_interpret utility that writes
* Support for bzero error recovery; this RAS feature prevents the
kernel from panicking when a memory Multiple Bit Error (MBE) is
encountered while the kernel is zeroing out a new page in the
virtual memory fault handler (vfault).
* O2 Support for the 66 MHz qLogic 2200 controller.
* Support for the FC-Tape on a Storage Area Network (fabric) using
the qLogic 2200 fibre channel controller to the tpsc driver.
* F - Support for job limits.
=== 6.5.6 - Nov 1999 ===
* Support for a multithreaded version of the automatic filesystem
mount daemon autofsd.
* Support for the Scheduled Transfers (ST) protocol.
* Support for the CXFS product, which provides a cluster file system
that allows file sharing between machines.
=== 6.5.5 - Aug 1999 ===
* Embedded Support Partner, which is an integral part of the IRIX
operating system, provides system administrators with a way to
monitor various events (such as system events, changes in system
hardware and software configuration, and system performance) that
can occur on their systems.
Support for the version 2 XFSR directory format enables to choose a
filesystem block size to match the distribution of data file sizes
without adversely affecting directory operation performance.
* The pcp_eoe product have been extended to include an inference
engine for evaluating rules about system-level performance and
* Two new options were added to the miser_create_cpuset command.
These options allow additional restrictions on memory assignment
for processes running on a cpuset.
* CXFS 1.0
* Netscape CommunicatorR 4.61 (upgrade)
* CosmoPlayer 2.1.1 (release)
* NetscapeR FastTrack Server 3.03 (contains an updated version of
the Administration Server 3.52)
=== 6.5.4 - May 1999 ===
* 270 Mhz processor for Silicon GraphicsR O2R and Silicon GraphicsR
* HDTV XIO Board for Silicon GraphicsR Onyx2?, SGI? OriginR 2000
* Support for the Miser queue repack policy.
* Upgrade to Netscape Communicator 4.51
* CosmoPlayer 2.1 release
* SGImeeting Collaboration Environment, 1.1, Net-based
data-conferencing, application-sharing software (SGImeeting
Collaboration Environment, 1.0 was added in 6.5.2)
* SGImeeting Extensions, 1.1, offer additional whiteboard tools as
"plugins" that appear on the whiteboard tool palette.
=== 6.5.3 - Feb 1999 ===
* new 21" monitors
* Redundant Power Supplies
* QED RM5271 processor for O2s
* Simplified IRIX installation in Software Manager and Inst
* Improved font/Xlib support for European locales (and Euro symbol)
* LDAP 3.0 support for UNS
* zic/zdump support
* X remote-execution plugin for Netscape
* xfwp, firewall proxy for remote X execution
* RSVP mib support
* nsd performance improvements
=== 6.5.2 - Nov 1998 ===
* Flatpanel with 1600x1024 resolution for the O2 product line
* 16 pipe graphics support
* Support for GSN network adapter
* Motif 2.1/ViewKit 2.1
* IRIX Oplock Support
* Support for Non EUC encoding and locales
* AutoFS extended to use UNS for map information
* Support for DCShare application sharing extension
* Fibre channel support to Dmnet
* 3 new HP printer drivers
=== 6.5.1M - Aug 1998 ===
=== 6.5 - Jun 1998 ===
===== Older =====