# On bringing back the blog
### entered in vim on RPoJ
[A while back](gopher://1436.ninja/0/Phlog/20180909.post) I
posted when I deleted my website. For months, it said only
"use gopher." I put some thought into where I went wrong
with the website. My answer to myself was that it was too
full of bullshit fluff. I css'ed the crap out of it.
## The return
I have decided to bring it back, but keep it very gopherish.
Toward that end, it is a simple directory listing, auto-
generated by my httpd. Since the files are written in
markdown, I wanted to be able to convert these to html,
without converting to html (which is another reason I hated
the old site -- > 100 static pages to rebuild everytime I
post). The answer was
which allows exactly what I was looking for.
Along with that, I used
to utilize sed on the streaming output from the httpd. This
allows on-the-fly changing of gopher to http URLS on the
blog, and the utilization of the floodgap proxy on non-local
links in gopherspace.
I added a one liner in my blogproc script to generate
.htaccess descriptions for each phost, using head -1 on
each file. The result it native looking html blog entries,
that live on the server as plaintext files formatted in
markdown. I utilize a symlink, so RPoD only has one copy
of the Phlog/Blog files. The entire thing is a
[git repo](https://gitlab.com/leveck/phlog) as well. In
addition to all this, I have reintroduced http links in
the atom feed and in the gopher version as well.