# START SPINNING - by Maggie Casey
## Everything You Need to Know to Make Great Yarn
This book came with the Ashford Traditional wheel I bought from eBay. It
was also a recommended book on Goodreads for first time spinners.
- Spinning is balancing between twist and draft
- Spinning happens in the "triangle"
- Start with the tension loose and slowly tighten until it grabs
- Wool is the easiest fiber to start with
- If you have difficulty drafting:
- You may need hands further apart (length of fiber)
- You may have twist on the fiber (untwist)